p300: file sharing and chat for your LAN or VPN
p300 is a P2P utility to chat and share directories
with other hosts on your network (and only there).
- Works with Windows, Linux and Mac OS X!
- Integrated HTTP Server for file downloading and configuration (the webinterface)
- Automatic discovery of other p300 hosts via IP Multicast and IP Broadcast (UDP).
- This means it will work serverless without a central server
- You can also manually add some hosts, then all others should be discovered automatically with HTTP instead of UDP
- Integrated LAN Chat (Messenger)
- Bandwidth limiting (useful in VPNs)
- WebDAV support (to browse from a file manager)
- Integrated search of all hosts running p300 on your network
- Integrated remote browser (to browse other p300 nodes from your p300)
- Integrated download manager (simple, but will be extended)
- GUI (but is also able to run only with the webinterface)
- Simple configuration
- Tray icon (with java 1.6)
- Developer with small networks in mind (2 to 50 machines, may work with more though)
- Java 1.6 (still works with 1.5 but without some features)
- Web browser (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, ...)
We don't have more dependencies because everything is based only on the JRE. Yes, this is stupid
but a good way to learn a lot of coding :)
- Download it
- Run it by
- Windows: Double clicking the .exe
- Linux: java -jar p300.jar
- OS X: Double clicking the .app
- Configure your shared directories
- Use it from the other computers! Other p300 hosts will show up automatically
- If it does not work yet, you need to allow the other host in the p300 webinterface
Friends and more
- Prosite is hosting the p300.eu DNS and can do a lot more for you
- PDA software and more by a friend of mine: just works!
- Cloud42 is a Amazon EC2 management tool written by a friend of mine.
- pda-dev.de is a german board for PDA development
- CodingClues is our software development blog
- Woboq is the company of one of the p300 developers
- A-FWD is a small helper tool I wrote for Amazon Affiliates
You can be notified about new releases
If you are interested in the ongoing development, you can subscribe to this feed
and see when we are working on p300.
Planned features for new releases include:
Search function (currently only local and only in webinterface) Done in version 876!
- Secure internet mode using Jabber/XMPP
- Better integrated download manager and browser
- Microblog (Twitter for your local network!)
We are happy if you suggest more features